Sunday, July 29, 2012

Victoria Sprung

Sister dear with her very first find
July 29, 2012 -- Since my dear husband and son went to an Orioles game today and the Lorax Gang was busy I was going to be on my own--unless I could convince my dear sister to accompany me.  Since she's been retired for all of one month, she jumped at the chance to go.  She's up for any kind of adventure as long as it doesn't include any type of WORK -- fun only for her -- at least for awhile.  So we started slow with a cache one street over from where she lives.  She was surprised, as most new geocachers are, to find that there are caches right in your own backyard--so to speak.  Once you start, you find that they are just about everywhere these days (well, in highly populated areas, that is).  As usual, though, I got myself and my sister lost while trying to track it down. We went through one set of woods before coming out and realizing it was in another set of woods. In the second set of woods it was really easy to find. I have to agree with the recent logger who says this one needs maintenance. There was water in the container. No holes, but the top really doesn't fit well. Sister dear was excited at the adventure of it all.  We left an Avenger bouncy ball and took a monkey toy. TFTC!!! k back to the car because, of course, I parked much farther away than I had to.  THIS is how I end up getting so much exercise from geocaching.  The cache is in need of some maintenance because it was wet in the cache.  The top didn't really fit very well on the cache.  A new container is probably in order for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment