Thursday, July 19, 2012

Poison Ivy Parade

THIS is as close as I get to that buggy box!
Sissies.
July 18, 2012 - The gang went back to the Sandy Spring Cache to actually track it down so we could post another find!  We'd gotten close the night before but the dark had forced us to stop.  So we squeezed this one in between dinner and a visit to the neighbor's house (for The Lorax Gang).  Just enough time to nab another cache in the woods--which, by the way, were FILLED to the BRIM with the dreaded poison ivy.  Lucky for us (so far) we didn't get smacked with any, but JUST IN CASE, I headed to REI today to pick up some Tecnu which is body wash to get rid of the oils from poison oak and poison ivy.  Never can be too careful, I say!  I also got a first aid kit to put in my pack as well. My couple of scratches and the one bad fall on my knee are enough to convince me that a first aid kit is needed --especially for longer hikes in the backwoods like the Jenners3 did in Idaho.  Ah, Idaho, how I miss you!
Seriously?  This is what I have to choose from?

ANYWAY, back to the cache -- our youngest Lorax member found this cache.  Unfortunately it was just COVERED in ants.  But being the intrepid explorer, I just picked it up and dusted it off.  Nothing too interesting inside this one.  I don't think people are taking the geocacher's code of honor to heart that you should put in something of the same value as the thing you remove from the cache.  I mean, a fork?  Really?  And some old crayons?  Hmph.  So took nothing, left nothing, signed log.  And off we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment