Friday, August 10, 2012

Cache or Charge?

August 06, 2012  - So I read the description for this cache on Geocaching.com and noticed that someone had dropped a tracker bug in it.  I love tracker bugs so I convinced my son to go with me to grab it.  I don't really like to cache alone.  Too many crazies around--especially if you find yourself digging around in the woods off the beaten path.  Any looney tune can follow you in to the woods.  So, he agreed (in exchange for a McDonald's run after our caching adventure, of course).  Ever the negotiator.  But he was being nice and accompanying me so I have no room to dispute his intentions.
Dear son with the narcoleptic dwarf
Probably shouldn't show the clue, but too bad!

We easily found the park and were the only car in the lot.  We took to the path and found ourselves in the edges of the woods.  The GPSr was taking us to an area that had some fallen trees, lots of leaves, and debris.  I decided to go over and check under one specific tree that looked likely.  My spidey sense were tingling.  Well, I don't know what kind of spidey senses were going on but as I dug around in the fallen leaves by the tree trunk  I did not come up with the cache, but rather a stack of credit cards instead.  Yep, credit not cache.  Someone had obviously had their wallet stolen and the contents of the wallet (including license, credit cards, and other convenience cards) were in one large pile under this tree.  That was pretty jarring to find.  Upon closer inspection the cards were all expired and had been so for about four years.  This was one old crime.  I am going to attempt to find this person and send her cards back to her, just to let her know that they were finally found. Closure (if you believe in that sort of thing).  Anyway, I guess it's good to know that some nefarious person is not still in possession of your driver's license must be of some comfort, right?  A few minutes after my discovery, my son found the cache that we had come to actually find.  Our last little person, Sleepy, slept right through the whole credit card uncovering.  We roused him long enough to find out our last clue to discover where Snow White is being held.  He gave it up quickly (probably in order to go back to sleep) and now we can go rescue the princess.
Examining the cache for clues



No comments:

Post a Comment